April 16, 2007

A Happy, Clean Bathroom

I spent half the day in the bathroom!

Cleaning, that is. It took me more than 2 hours yesterday to scrape paint off of the tiles in the shower (I hadn't gotten around to doing it before) and then clean it. There were so many chips of paint and dust, I thought I'd clog the tub. Then today, that is, 12-2:00am, I scrubbed the rest of the bathroom and mopped the floors.



Well anyway, one of the best things I did while I was cleaning was restore the doorknobs to their original state, by scraping off chips of white, black and gray paint with a putty knife, then cleaning the knob with this amazing product called Goof-Off. It works so well because it's that clear, highly flammable stuff that's strong enough to strip paint off the door. It made a big difference.



The sudden rush in all of my home maintenance is because my friend from California is coming to stay on Wednesday, for a few days, so it was the perfect, and extremely needed, opportunity to beautify the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment